|An icon reborn. Persol’s limited edition Steve McQueen 714.
Over fifty years after its original release Persol’s 714 model remains one of the most classic sunglasses of all time. Since its inception the pioneering foldable frame was the epitome of timeless design and style — However, it was undeniably elevated to legendary status by the iconic “King of Cool”, the late Steve McQueen.
Worn by McQueen both off screen and on, in movies such as “The Getaway” and most notably “The Thomas Crown Affair” where he unforgettably sported a pair of 714’s with lenses he had custom tinted blue (be sure to ask us about our custom lens work).
To pay tribute to the 714’s history and the man who cemented its legacy, Persol has released a very limited Steve McQueen edition of the timeless frame, the “714SM”. There are a couple key and cool distinctions between the 714 and the limited 714SM, including: inward folding hinges which showcase the signature Persol double arrow, as it was originally in the 1960’s and on the pair McQueen wore. As well as a premium Italian leather pouch which easily slips into a coat pocket.
This classic honey tortoise frame is fitted with Persol’s glass lenses tinted a cool shade of gradient blue. Some of the most technologically advanced lenses made, these lenses are both polarized and feature a back side anti-reflective coating, to help eliminate glare from both in front and behind.
LIMIT 2 PER CUSTOMER
- Limited Steve McQueen Edition.
- Special edition premium brown leather Persol case.
- Folding frame.
- Glass lenses: tough to scratch and provide superb optics.
- Polarized lenses: virtually eliminates the effects of glare that bounces off reflective surfaces.
- Anti-Reflective Coating: on the inside of lens eliminates distracting bounce back glare.
- Handmade in Italy.
- Size recommendation: the 52mm size tends to work best for most people.
- See all colors available