Eyegoodies.com is glad to welcome in the new 2009-2010 Revo Sunglasses collection. For those of you who are not familiar with Revo, they manufacture some of the highest optical quality lenses on the market. Founded in 1985, out of the idea that NASA technology was just as suited for sunglasses as it was for space shuttles. All of Revo’s lenses are polarized, come with back anti-reflective coating, and are offered in Serilium Polycarbonate or 1.8mm thin Glass. Revo Polarcast Technology is responsible for creating some of the clearest most advanced polarized sunglasses in the world and it is our pleasure to present them here to you.
All the lenses feature the following technology:
Revo Polarcast -Is a polarizing filter that blocks glare that’s being reflected off flat surfaces like water, snow, and the road.
Element Shed -Is an exclusive lens coating that ensures virtually anything will roll right off the surface of your lens.
Anti-Reflective Coating -Each lens has a back Anti-Reflective Coating, eliminating the light that is reflected off the inside of the lens.
Revo’s lenses are offered in either:
- 1.8mm Thin Glass Lenses -Revo’s premium glass lenses are very thin: 1.8 mm to be exact. Thus reducing unnecessary weight while maintaining the benefits of glass, like being extremely scratch resistant.
- Serilium Polycarbonate Lenses –The purest form of polycarbonate known to man. Polycarbonate gained its fame from being extremely light weight and impact resistant. Revo’s serilum Polycarbonate lenses are capable of withstanding high-velocity impact from objects like gravel.
Lens Color –Both Glass and Serilium lenses are offered in three colors, specifically tailored toward different environments:
- Graphite -The most neutral lens, which allows for the truest color. Graphite is a great general purpose lens and works well for activities such as cycling and climbing. Graphite is Best for bright sunlight.
- Bronze -Provides the most contrast enhancement and also works well in bright sunlight. Bronze is ideal for golf, water sports, and general activities.
- Cobalt -works well in all conditions and has a neutral profile that blocks out more blue light, making it a great lens for water applications. Cobalt can also be used in slightly overcast conditions.
Above is an example of the effect a Revo Polarcast Polarized lens has. As you can see it dims the sunlight, blocks glare, and adds contrast.
The Revo Nylon Collection features frames that are molded from a light weight and durable Nylon material, which is both flexible and maintains its shape well. The frames all wrap around and are crafted to sit on ideal locations on your nose and ears, creating a fit that is free from unwanted pressure points. Some of the models in the collection feature scratch resistant glass lenses while others lightweight Polycarbonate.
Revo Belay RE 4038 features Revo’s thin 1.8mm glass lenses. It is pictured above in Polished Black with Graphite colored lenses.
Revo Abyss RE 4041 features serilium polycarbonate lenses. It is pictured above in Polished Root Beer with Bronze lenses.
The Revo Metal Collection all feature thin glass polarized lenses and are made of a Nickel-Silver Alloy, comprised of copper, nickel, and zinc to create a lightweight and corrosion-resistance frame. The frames contour to the wearer’s face providing great wrap around coverage, with the lenses on a 9 base curve. All frames also come equipped with spring hinges to allow for flexibility and comfort.
The Flex Collection is made from Bio-Titanium, making these ultra light weight frames amazingly flexible. They flex to perfectly and comfortably fit the wearer, while retaining its core strength and shape. The patented Motion-Fit design positions your sunglasses to ideal locations on your nose and ears, this creates a fit that is free from unwanted pressure points. The Flex Collection also features Open-Edge Lens Design which creates unobstructed views, enhanced ventilation, and reduced fogging- ideal for sports.
The Acetate collection is handmade from multiple layers of richly colored and textured materials, which creates a truly unique style and guarantees no two frames are exactly alike. These hand sculpted and polished frames can be heated and shaped to better fit the wearer.